|The Healthy Times September Newsletter - Fun Nutrition Your Way - Where You're the Boss! -- If You're Taking Life Plus Products You're Taking the Best -If You're Not- Well You're Not.|
|Weight Loss Diet Supplements||Daily BioBasic Supplements||Home Business||Immune System Nutrition||The Enzymes Advantage Trail||Skin Care Beauty|
|Anti-Aging - Antioxidants||Search This Site||Digestive Supplements||Free Energy Info||Environmentally Friendly Products||Nutrition Supplements Index|
|Hot Nutrition Supplements||Energy Supplements||Heart Supplements||Brain Supplements||Health Fitness Supplements||Joint Health Supplements|
|Life Plus Vitamins Home||Nutrition Pricelist||Ordering (800 Number)||Free Health News||Free Health Articles||Contact Us|
Fascinating Items in This Issue - What Does Magnesium Really Do?
12 Ways to Increase Fiber in Your Diet.
Nutrasweet Ain't So Sweet!
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Mangoes and Nutrition, plus much more.
New Special Artwork Plus More.
Plus The Importance of You the Customer - Our Sincere Appreciation to You!
Healthy Nutrition with Enzymes and Phytonutrients from over 30 different Plants Fruits and Vegetables.
We want to take this opportunity to thank each of you for your continued excellent support.
You are very special and important to us and we will always do our best to please you.
That doesn't mean we won't have any problems, when we do have the occasional problem you can count on us doing our best to resolve those problems as soon as possible.
|Since 1995- James and Jean Sapp at your Service!|
THE IMPORTANCE OF YOU THE CUSTOMER
1. A Customer is part of our business - not an outsider.
2. A Customer is the most important person in anyone's business.
3. A Customer is deserving of courteous and attentive treatment.
4. A Customer brings us his wants - it is our job to fill those wants.
5. A Customer is not an interruption of our work - they are the purpose of it.
6. A Customer does us a favor when he/she contacts us - we are not doing him/her a favor.
7. A Customer is not someone to argue or match wits with.
8. A Customer is a flesh and blood human being with feelings and emotions.
9. A Customer is not dependent upon us - we are dependent on him/her.
10. A Customer is the life-blood of this and every other business.
You have purchased the finest nutritional products available anywhere in the world. We really appreciate your support.
We are committed to service first. Please let us know how we may better serve you.
Your health is our goal!
We know that given the chance these products will make a difference in people's lives.
Jim and Jean Sapp
"You know Brain, are you getting your's? You know your 9-5 servings of fruits and vegetables everyday? Daily BioBasics Super Nutrition Product! It is an outstanding comprehensive nutrition supplement!"
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. ARTICLE - "Trivia- Questions and Answers with Mr. Brain."
2. ARTICLE - HEALTH BYTES.
3. SPECIAL ARTICLE - HEALTH TIPS -12 WAYS TO INCREASE FIBER IN YOUR DIET
4. SPECIAL ARTICLE - NUTRASWEET AIN'T SO SWEET!
5. ARTICLE - WHAT ALL DOES MAGNESIUM REALLY DO?
6. ARTICLE - MORE HEALTH BYTES.
7. ARTICLE - New Weight Loss Diet Technology- SlenderLean.
8. ARTICLE - This and That!
9. HEALTH INFORMATION WEBPAGES
These are the topics you will be reading in this edition of the newsletter!!!!
1. True or False - Every second your body loses and replaces 8 million blood cells.
2. True or False - Scientists study the moisture in clouds by studying the dew on spider webs?
3. True or False - Antioxidants show anti-inflammatory actions.
4. True or False - The ant has the largest brain in proportion to it's size.
5. True or False - OPC can help improve vision.
6. True or False - Nicknames for bagels are bellysinkers, doorknobs and burl cakes.
7. True or False - The highest mountain on Earth is Mt. Everest.
The Brain - Mr. Q and A!
Women: Unexpected Benefit of Exercise -You may be able to just walk away from breast cancer--literally. Even modest levels of physical activity, such as a daily walk, may decrease a woman's risk of breast cancer, Reuters and CanWest News Service report of new research from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.
The study of more than 74,000 post-menopausal women determined that those who were physically active at least three times a week at age 35 had a 14 percent lower risk of breast cancer than women who were less active. And the risk reductions were even higher for women who exercised 10 or more hours a week. Lead researcher Dr. Anne McTiernan concluded that while more time spent exercising provides a greater benefit, the specific activity does not have to be strenuous. So while kickboxing and running marathons may be good for you, an evening walk will give you just as great protection.
Exercise likely lowers cancer risk by lowering body fat, McTiernan told CanWest News. It also reduces insulin, which promotes the growth of cancer cells. The study findings were published in this week's Journal of the American Medical Association. .
FDA Warning: Do Not Drink This Tea
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning people not to drink tea that contains star anise, a flavoring ingredient sometimes used by parents to quiet colicky babies. Reuters and ScoutNews report that star anise has been linked to illnesses in the United States and Europe, although all who have been stricken have recovered without complications. Symptoms include neurological problems, such as seizures, jitteriness, and rapid eye movement, as well as vomiting.
The FDA issued the warning after an infant was admitted to Miami Children's Hospital with seizures after ingesting tea with star anise. The FDA also cited 40 similar incidents, including 15 that involved infants, from Illinois, New Jersey, Texas, as well as the Netherlands, France, and Spain. There is no scientific evidence that star anise helps babies with colic and such claims are not made on labels. Still, it's popularly believed to bring relief.
It's possible that the health problem stems from the type of star anise that is used. Chinese star anise is generally recognized as safe when used as a spice or flavoring, notes Reuters. However, Japanese star anise is believed to be toxic and should only be used as a decoration. When dried or processed, Japanese star anise cannot be distinguished from Chinese star anise just by looking at it. The FDA will now evaluate chemical analysis methods and will monitor imports entering the United States, reports Reuters. But do note this: So far, the FDA has not been able to determine whether the star anise linked to the illnesses was only the Japanese version or a mixture of the Japanese and Chinese types.
Colon/Prostate/Breast Cancer Statistics And Preventive Measures
According to statistics revealed in the November 30, 1998 issue of Newsweek magazine, this year alone, approximately 100,000 people will be diagnosed with colon / rectal cancer. Over 184,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer, and the same amount of women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Chemical carcinogens and free radicals (highly reactive oxygen molecules) can often be blamed for the development of tumors. Although the body works well to eliminate these cancer-causing factors, sometimes cells will go astray and develop into cancerous tumors.
Cutting back on dietary fats, especially hydrogenated oils, and adding more fiber in the diet are easy ways to get started on a healthier lifestyle. Antioxidant supplements are highly recommended to prevent free radical damage to possibly curb the formation of tumors. If you haven't modified your lifestyle to include more fruits, vegetables, fiber, antioxidant and essential nutrients, and Omega-3 fatty acids (found in cold-water fish), NOW is the perfect time to begin!
ANTIOXIDANT NEWS -- Rats given a diet rich in fruit and vegetables experienced slower age-related declines in mental function compared with rats on a standard diet, according to a study in the latest issue of the Journal of Neuroscience. Rats given vitamin E supplements also did better in mental tests than rats on a standard diet, but not as well as the rats that ate lots of fruit and vegetables.
HEALTH TIPS -12 WAYS TO INCREASE FIBER IN YOUR DIET
"Hello, my name is Ginger Scott "Health Fighter", with some Health Tips for you."
1. Eat the whole fruit: in juice alone, most of the fiber has been removed.
2. Eat the skins: fruits like apples, vegetables like potatoes…
3. Eat high-fiber breakfast cereal: be careful, many cereals don't have much fiber.
4. Eat whole grains: processing removes the fiber in natural whole grains; prefer brown rice and whole wheat crackers, breads, baked goods and flour, over their "white" processed counterparts.
5. Eat berries: great tasting and loaded with nutrients, as well as fiber; blueberries are an excellent high-fiber choice.
6. Eat beans: lots of good protein as well as high-quality soluble fiber-a great food, overall.
7. Eat salads: common iceberg lettuce doesn't contain much of anything nutritious; eat spinach or romaine salads instead-and toss other veggies in, too.
8. Eat nuts: they are tasty, filling and a good source of fiber; compare the fiber numbers on the labels.
9. Eat dried fruits: good snacks with all the fiber of the fruit.
10. Eat legume spreads: try humus and bean dips in place of sour cream and cheese spreads or dips.
11. Watch "junk foods": most are laden with sugar and trans-fats, but look for the whole grain sorts like corn chip-they contain more fiber than potato chips; popcorn is the best overall for fiber and nutrition.
12. Read labels: compare products; it's amazing how much two seemingly like products can vary in nutritional content.
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Mangoes and Nutrition.
Mangoes are one of the most delicious and nutritious foods, with a fascinating history. Cultivation of mangoes is deeply embedded in Indian History. Mangoes are mentioned in early Arialkrit literature and Alexander the Great spotted his first mango in 326BC when he traveled with his army to India.
Mangoes are an ideal Summer food as they are high in many carotenoids, especially Beta-carotene. Beta-Carotene has a protective affect against the harmful rays of the sun. Research indicates that even in older people, sun tolerance is increased when Beta-Carotene intake is increased. (Professor Mathews-Roth, Harvard University 1969-75.)
Mangoes contain Vitamin A ( of which Beta-Carotene is a precursor and more usable), Vitamins C & E and Selenium.
Meet Misty Mango
Brand New Weight Loss Diet Technology - Patent Pending!
(Read the Press Release for the New SlenderLean -Click Here!)
This completely unique and patent-pending product is the culmination of many years of research, which have resulted in a proprietary botanical blend that can never be duplicated.
One of the finest weight loss products ever produced.
In addition this New SlenderLean product:
And because we don't want you to just take our word for it- you can try it risk free for 30 days. Use the whole bottle and if you are unsatisfied for any reason return the empty bottle for a full refund.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
|P.S. Sometimes just having a better attitude goes a long way to improving one's health. If you have the time, please read the following story . . .
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
By: Francie Baltazar-Schwartz
Jerry was the kind of guy you love to hate. He was always in a good mood and always had something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"
He was a unique manager because he had several waiters who had followed him around from restaurant to restaurant. The reason the waiters followed Jerry was because of his attitude. He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, Jerry was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.
Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Jerry and asked him, "I don't get it! You can't be a positive person all of the time.
How do you do it?" Jerry replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, Jerry, you have two choices today.
You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood.'
I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can
choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life."
"Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested. "Yes it is," Jerry said.
"Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people will affect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live life."
I reflected on what Jerry said. Soon thereafter, I left the restaurant
industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it. Several years later, I heard that Jerry did something you are never supposed to do in a restaurant business: he left the back door open one morning and was held up at gunpoint by three armed robbers. While trying to open the safe, his hand, shaking from nervousness, slipped off the combination. The robbers panicked and shot him. Luckily, Jerry was found relatively quickly and rushed to the local trauma center. After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Jerry was released from the hospital with fragments of the bullets still in his body. I saw Jerry about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins. Wanna see my scars?"
I declined to see his wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind as the robbery took place. "The first thing that went through my mind was that I should have locked the back door," Jerry replied. "Then, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live, or I could choose to die. I chose to live.
"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked. Jerry
continued, "The paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the emergency room and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared.
In their eyes, I read, 'He's a dead man. " I knew I needed to take action."
"What did you do?" I asked. "Well, there was a big, burly nurse shouting questions at me," said Jerry. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes,' I replied. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Bullets!' Over their laughter, I told them, 'I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead." Jerry lived thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude.
I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.
Attitude, after all, means so much.
Antioxidants and Free Radicals
Dietary Fiber and Colon Cleansing
Preventing Heart Attacks and Strokes
Dealing With Anger & Stress
Exercise & Working Out
Information Just For Women
Diet and Eating Tips
Beauty Tips and Skin Information
The Skin & Antioxidants
General Health and Nutrition Information
Migraine (Migrane) Headaches - Role of Stress
Top 10 Foods for Health & Longevity
Index of Other Articles
Additional Health and Nutrition Information
Index of Past Newsletters
1. True - Every second your body loses and replaces 8 million blood cells. Thus the importance of a product like the Proanthenols OPC product, which aids blood cells and the cardiovascular system.
2. True - Scientists do study the moisture in clouds by studying the dew on spider webs.
3. True - Inflammation is always connected with the production of free radicals by inflammatory cells. Therefore, free radical scavengers (antioxidants) also frequently show anti-inflammatory effects. Radical scavengers that also bind tightly to connective tissues, should have an additional positive effect, because the substance can bind directly to inflamed tissues.
4. True - The ant has the largest brain in proportion to it's size.
5. True - Double blind studies have shown that OPC actually strengthen capillaries (the tiniest of all blood vessels) while using as little as 100 mg per day.
A clinical study has also demonstrated that OPC help to maintain and support visual performance in the dark and after exposure to glare in healthy people with normal vision. Research at Loma Linda University, which showed protective effects of OPC on blood vessels in various experimental models, has also suggested that OPC may play a role in helping to maintain healthy mental function as people age.*
6. False - Bellysinkers, doorknobs and burl cakes are nicknames for donuts.
7. False- The highest mountain on Earth is not Mt. Everest. It is Mount Kea in Hawaii, 31,800 feet from the ocean floor.
HOW TO ORDER LIFE PLUS PRODUCTS
(By telephone or secure order form)
Well, that does it for now. We hope you'd like to see more free information, contests, and other things we have planned for you in our newsletter. But if you don't want this private information, just tell us so. We'll be sad, but we'll honor your request.
Thank you and God bless you and your health,
Have an outstanding day.
"Remember the race is not always won by the swiftest but by the person who doesn't give up."
Your health is our goal!
James and Jean Sapp
Life Plus Representatives