|The Healthy Times July Newsletter - Fun Nutrition Your Way - Where You're the Boss! -|
|Weight Loss Diet Supplements||Daily BioBasic Supplements||Home Business||Immune System Nutrition||The Enzymes Advantage Trail||Skin Care Beauty|
|Anti-Aging - Antioxidants||Search This Site||Digestive Supplements||Free Energy Info||Environmentally Friendly Products||Nutrition Supplements Index|
|Hot Nutrition Supplements||Energy Supplements||Heart Supplements||Brain Supplements||Health Fitness Supplements||Joint Health Supplements|
|Vitamin Home||Nutrition Pricelist||Ordering (800 Number)||Free Health News||Free Health Articles||Contact Us|
We Have Some Real Fascinating Items in This Issue - Have You Ever Wondered About "They Can't Lose Weight - They Have a Slow Metabolism!" Well Here are the Metabolism Facts About Weight Loss.
Very interesting information on Hemorrhoids.
Comic -"Howard's Wrinkle Cream and Face Putty!"
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Carrots and Nutrition., plus much more.
New Patent Pending Weight Loss Technology!
(This Product Is Incredible -Read the New SlenderLean Press Release-Click Here!)
Healthy Nutrition with Enzymes and Phytonutrients from over 30 different Plants Fruits and Vegetables.
Muscle vs Fat, Antioxidant News, Metabolism and Weight Loss. Test your knowledge \Trivia -Health and more. Comic on wrinkles. Plus an interesting read on some of the stupidest warnings ever put on labels.
Brand New Exclusive Weight Loss Technology -Patent Pending This Product Has Been Incredible.
Here are some of the comments we recently received in regards to our newsletter.
|Since 1995- James and Jean Sapp at your Service!|
"You know Brain, have you tried out the exclusive new SlenderLean Weight Loss product? It is incredible at helping you lose weight!"
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. ARTICLE - "Trivia- Questions and Answers with Mr. Brain."
2. ARTICLE - HEALTH BYTES.
3. SPECIAL ARTICLE - HEMORRHOIDS - Coping Remedies!
4. SPECIAL ARTICLE - METABOLIC RATE REALLY COUNTS IN WEIGHT LOSS!
5. ARTICLE - MORE HEALTH BYTES.
6. FEATURED ARTICLE - Comic "Howard's Wrinkle Cream and Face Putty!"
7. ARTICLE - New Weight Loss Diet Technology- SlenderLean.
8. ARTICLE - This and That!
These are the topics you will be reading in this edition of the newsletter!!!!
1. True or False - When the ground temperature is below freezing, it can't hail."
2. True or False - The hottest pepper is the Habareno Pepper, which is 100 times hotter than a Jalapeno and 10 times hotter than a Tabasco pepper.
3. True or False - The singer Rod Stewart once worked as a hair dresser.
4. True or False - There are two main ingredients in cauliflower, and all of the cruciferous family, that are the main disease fighters. These are indole-3-carbinol, or 13C, and the phytonutrient sulforaphane..
5. True or False - The Arctic is classified as a desert.
6. True or False - There are 156 enzymes that require zinc for their functioning. It has long been known that growth and sexual maturity depend on zinc.
7. True or False - What did the inventors of Coke, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper have in common?
8. True or False - The main purpose of sulphur (sulfur) is to dissolve waste materials. It helps to eject some of the waste and poisons from the system.
9. True or False - The bark of the giant Sequoia tree can grow 2 feet thick.
10. True or False - It can take up to 12 hours for a snail to mate.
The Brain - Mr. Q and A!
CALM DOWN! -- Medical researchers have found that extreme anger can trigger a heart attack. They interviewed over 1600 patients after they suffered heart attacks and found that angry outbursts potentially doubled their risk of the attacks.
DID YOU KNOW? -- Lightly cooking carrots and other vegetables actually frees up more of the beta-carotene they contain.
SOMETHING TO REALLY THINK ABOUT YOUR HEALTH!
Cleansing and detoxification encourage the body's natural internal processes to eliminate toxins from our system. An effective cleansing program targets two very important organ systems, the colon (for elimination) and the liver (for detoxification).
Virtually every degenerative disease condition can be linked to intestinal toxemia. How? Because every tissue throughout the body is fed by the blood, which is fed by the bowel. Every substance your body consumes is absorbed through your intestinal wall directly into the systemic system for distribution to every cell. This means if your intestinal tract contains toxins, this is what circulates through your body. These toxins may contribute to the development of various acute chronic and degenerative disease conditions, as well as lack of energy and premature aging.
MUSCLE VS. FAT -- Muscle tissue is about 70 percent water, 22 percent protein and 7 percent fat. Fatty tissue is about 22 percent water, 6 percent protein and 72 percent fat. But one is designed to allow movement and the other to store fat, and they can't switch roles. You can change only the size of the cells. If someone very muscular stops working out, the muscles do atrophy (get smaller). If you get physically active, your muscles get larger and you burn even more fat, because larger muscles need more fuel. Also, muscles weigh more and no amount of exercise will turn fat into muscle - or vice versa.
ANTIOXIDANT NEWS -- Rats given a diet rich in fruit and vegetables experienced slower age-related declines in mental function compared with rats on a standard diet, according to a study in the latest issue of the Journal of Neuroscience. Rats given vitamin E supplements also did better in mental tests than rats on a standard diet, but not as well as the rats that ate lots of fruit and vegetables.
HEMORRHOIDS - Coping Remedies
"Hello, my name is Ginger Scott "Health Fighter", with some Health Tips for you."
HEMORRHOIDS - Coping Remedies
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Carrots and Nutrition.
Carrots are nutritional heroes, they store a gold mine of nutrients. No other vegetable or fruit contains as much carotene as carrots, which the body converts to vitamin A.
This is a truly versatile vegetable and an excellent source of vitamins B and C as well as calcium pectate, an extraordinary pectin fibre that has been found to have cholesterol-lowering properties.
The carrot is an herbaceous plant containing about 87% water, rich in mineral salts and vitamins (B,C,D,E).
Raw carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A and potassium; they contain vitamin C, vitamin B6, thiamine, folic acid, and magnesium.
Cooked carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, a good source of potassium, and contain vitamin B6, copper, folic acid, and magnesium. The high level of beta-carotene is very important and gives carrots their distinctive orange color.
In order to assimilate the greatest quantity of the nutrients present in carrots, it is important to chew them well - they are the exception to the rule - they are more nutritious cooked than raw.
So in reality, unlike most other vegetables (though not all), carrots are more nutritious when eaten cooked than eaten raw (except when juiced).
Because raw carrots have tough cellular walls, the body is able to convert less than 25 per cent of their beta carotene into vitamin A. Cooking, however, partially dissolves cellulose-thickened cell walls, freeing up nutrients by breaking down the cell membranes.
High temperature is usually not the best thing for many of the sensitive compounds that are contained in our food and new research from the University of Arkansas indicates that for carrots, at least, cooking may in fact increase their goodness.
Carrots are one of the best sources of carotene which is a strong antioxidant. But carrots also contain other phenolic compounds that are antioxidants. Many people do not realize that numerous phenolic compounds are located in the skin of fruit and vegetables, many of which are removed by peeling prior to processing.
In this episode Mildred has run out of wrinkle cure cream and has sent Harold out for some more, but Harold comes back with a new brand. Well anyway read-
"Howard's Wrinkle Cream and Face Putty!"
Well it seems Mildred's wrinkles have gotten so bad that Harold has gone out and bought a 5-gallon bucket of what appears to be Face and Crack Putty. No telling what's in it since it was made by Howard. I suppose Mr. Rugg will be wanting Howard to produce his special Wrinkle Cream Formula for BigCo Vitamins next!
Will someone please tell Mildred about Forever Young Skin Care products. Of course I'm not sure that even Forever Young can help the farm furrows on Mildred's face. I'm just glad that 5-gallon bucket isn't for me. Thank God for Forever Young Skin Care Products.
I'm just wondering how Mildred's going to get that stuff off her face. Maybe it's like permanent make-up?
For more information on how you can experience the wonderful properties of Forever Young Skin Care Beauty Products- Click Here!
Brand New Weight Loss Diet Technology - Patent Pending!
(Read the Press Release for the New SlenderLean -Click Here!)
This is a brand new product and should not be confused with the old SlenderLean product.
This completely unique and patent-pending product is the culmination of many years of research, which have resulted in a proprietary botanical blend that can never be duplicated.
Plus in addition this New SlenderLean product:
And because we don't want you to just take our word for it- you can try it risk free for 30 days. Use the whole bottle and if you are unsatisfied for any reason return the empty bottle for a full refund.
Some of the Great Warnings of All Times.
You think lawsuits are getting out of hand. What else would account for all of these CYA warnings, which are basically saying we are nothing but a bunch of dumb robots who are too stupid to think for ourselves. Want a laugh - you got to read these! ( I have highlighted some of the real classics)
Warning - May contain nuts. Found on a package of peanuts
Caution - Not for use on cement, asphalt, concrete or any other hard surface. Found on a slip and slide toy.
Warning- very flammable. Found on a fire starter log.
May irritate eyes. Found on a can of pepper spray designed for self defense.
Warning - This is not a toy. Found on children's playhouse furniture.
Do not use for drying pets. Found in the manual for instructions on a microwave oven.
Do not jump from vessel while moving. Found on a cruise ship rail.
Warning - will deposit ink on paper. Found on a printer.
Ignite lighter away from face. Found on a disposable lighter.
Dispose of contents after using. Found on a package of disposable diapers.
If you can't read English, get someone to help you. Found on the label of a pharmaceutical product.
Open packet and eat nuts. Found on a package of airline peanuts.
May also cause reverse effect and irritation. Found on a bottle of eye drops.
Not intended for hair drying purposes. Found on instructions for a microwave oven.
Do not spray into open orifice. Instructions found on a can of hair spray.
Before installing, be sure to shut off the engine. Found on instructions of many auto parts.
Remove plastic wrap before eating. Found on a TV dinner.
If ingested seek immediate medical help. Found on a tube of lip balm.
Remove before driving. Found on a car windshield sun blocker.
Warning - keep out of reach of small children. Found on instructions for a butcher knife.
Warning - misuse may cause injury or death. Found on the barrel of a .22 caliber rifle.
Caution - remove aluminum wrapper before inserting. Found on a hemorrhoid suppository.
Do not eat - Found on a slip of paper in a stereo box referring to the styrofoam packing.
Turn off motor before using this product. Found on the packaging for a chain saw sharpener.
Warning - contents may be hot. Found on a coffee cup from a fast food restaurant.
This gun is a real gun. Found on a BB gun.
Keep frozen. Found on bags of ice.
Warning - knives are sharp. Found on the packaging of a sharpening stone.
Open other end. Found on the bottom of a jar of dill pickles.
Warning - contents flammable. Found on a bottle of lighter fluid.
You could be a winner. No purchase necessary. Details inside - found on a bag of corn chips.
Do not use orally, after using rectally. Found on the instructions for an electric thermometer.
Warning - Not for human consumption. Found on a bottle of rat poisoning.
Equipment that processes other types of nuts was used. May contain other types of nuts. Found on a can of peanuts.
Instructional video on how to hook up your VCR. Found on a VCR box.
This product is not intended for use as a dental tool. Found on instructions for use of an electric rotary tool.
If swallowed promptly see doctor. Found on a package of alkaline batteries.
Look before driving. Found on the dashboard of a mail truck.
Not for human consumption. Found on a package of dice.
Warning - do not use on eyes. Found in the instructions for an electric heated seat cushion.
Do not attempt to stop chain with hands or genitals. Found in the instructions for a Swedish chain saw.
Not intended for use on hair. Label on an electric clothes dryer door.
Warning grease in chips may cause anal leakage. Found on the label of a popular brand of potato chips.
Warning - For indoor or outdoor use only. Found on a package of Christmas lights.
Please keep out of children. Found on a butcher knife.
Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover. Found on a pair of chin guards made for bicyclists.
Do not turn upside down. Found on the bottom of a dessert box in the supermarket.
Directions - use like regular soap. Found on the directions of a bottle of hand soap.
Product will be hot after heating. Found on a supermarket dessert box.
This broom does not actually fly. Found on the label of a children's toy witch's broom.
Instructions on bottom. Warning - do not turn product upside down. Found on a frozen pizza.
Warning - do not attempt to remove blade while engine is running. Found in the directions of a gas powered mower.
1. True - When the ground temperature is below freezing, it can't hail.
2. True - The amount of heat in a hot pepper depends on the variety, and is measured by the "Scolville Heat Unit" Scale. On this scale, peppers can range in heat between 500 to 400,000 heat units! And within each variety, the more mature the pepper, the hotter it will be.
That's why a red Anaheim pepper will be hotter than a green Anaheim pepper.
3. False - However, Rod Stewart once worked as a gravedigger.
4. True - And in research done at John Hopkins University in Baltimore, sulforaphane lowered the occurrence of breast tumors in lab animals by almost 40%. Toxins that would normally damage the cells and turn cancerous, are swept out of the system by sulforaphane, preventing tumors before they begin. 13C works in concert with the sulforaphane by acting as an anti-estrogen.
5. True - The Arctic is classified as a desert. We tend to think of deserts as dry and hot, however the annual Arctic precipitation is less than 4 inches per year.
6. True - The main dietary sources of zinc are milk, liver, beans, meat, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. The recommended dietary allowance of zinc is 15 mg. daily. Deficiency can result in weight loss, skin diseases, loss of hair, poor appetite, diarrhoea and frequent infection. Those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis may have a zinc deficiency. Heavy drinkers lose a lot of zinc in their urine.
7. True - What did the inventors of Coke, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper have in common? They were veterans of the Civil War.
8. True - It helps keep the skin clear of blemishes and makes hair glossy. It is also valuable in rheumatic conditions. The main sulphur-containing foods are radishes, carrots, cabbage, cheese, dried beans, fish and eggs. There is no recommended dietary allowance. But a diet sufficient in protein will generally be adequate in sulphur. Deficiency of sulphur may cause eczema and imperfect development of hair and nails. Sulphur creams and ointments have been remarkably successful in treating a variety of skin problems. Sulphur or Sulfur is the main component of MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane.
9. True - The bark of the giant Sequoia tree can grow up to 2 feet thick..
10. True- It can take up to 12 hours for a snail to mate. Heck they're not exactly fast and they only mate one time in their entire life.
HOW TO ORDER LIFE PLUS PRODUCTS
(By telephone or secure order form)
Well, that does it for now. We hope you'd like to see more free information, contests, and other things we have planned for you in our newsletter. But if you don't want this private information, just tell us so. We'll be sad, but we'll honor your request.
Thank you and God bless you and your health,
Have an outstanding day.
"Remember the race is not always won by the swiftest but by the person who doesn't give up."
Your health is our goal!
James and Jean Sapp
Life Plus Representatives