|The Healthy Times Newsletter - Fun Nutrition Your Way - Where You're the Boss! -|
|Weight Loss Diet Supplements||Daily BioBasic Supplements||Home Business||Immune System Nutrition||The Enzymes Advantage Trail||Skin Care Beauty|
|Anti-Aging - Antioxidants||Search This Site||Digestive Supplements||Free Energy Info||Environmentally Friendly Products||Nutrition Supplements Index|
|Hot Nutrition Supplements||Energy Supplements||Heart Supplements||Brain Supplements||Health Fitness Supplements||Joint Health Supplements|
|Life Plus Vitamins Home||Nutrition Pricelist||Ordering (800 Number)||Free Health News||Free Health Articles||Contact Us|
Healthy Nutrition with Enzymes and Phytonutrients from over 30 different Plants Fruits and Vegetables.
Fruit, calories and foods. Test your knowledge \Trivia -Health and more. Improving ourselves - what walls have we erected? The Ruggburns - a new comic. Plus teeth whitening, exercise and more. Plus questions of FDA bias?
|James and Jean Sapp at your Service!|
"Well I see you haven't been able to lay off the fruits and vegetables below, have you Brain? There is an easier way to get the healthy nutrition we need. You ought to try Daily BioBasics like myself."
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. ARTICLE - HEALTH BYTES.
2. ARTICLE - "Trivia- Questions and Answers with Mr. Brain."
3. ARTICLE - What Walls Have We Erected?
4. FEATURED ARTICLE - The Ruggburns Home Business Comic?
5. ARTICLE - OTHER IMPORTANT HEALTH ARTICLES!
6. HEALTH INFORMATION WEBPAGES
These are the topics you will be reading in this edition of the newsletter!!!!
"Did You Know?"
Q Since fruit gets sweeter as it ripens, does that mean it contains more calories?
A No. The fruit contains the same amount of calories at all stages after it matures and during the ripening process. The reason it tastes sweeter is that the larger carbohydrate molecules are being broken down by naturally occurring enzymes; these produce a sweeter taste, even though the same amount of carbohydrate is actually present. You can liken this scenario to eating a soda cracker, which is mostly made up of larger molecules of starch. Hold the cracker in your mouth a few moments, and it will begin to taste sweet, even with the same amount of carbohydrate.
Q Do food-combining diets work?
A For weight loss purposes, you should always remember a very important factor - calories are calories. Still, proteins, fats and carbohydrates require different enzymes to digest. And foods that are high in fats and proteins naturally travel through the digestive tract more slowly, because it takes longer for them to digest. By comparison, carbohydrates travel through much faster. So you can greatly support the function of your digestive system by partially separating the foods somewhat when you eat them. In general, eat your carbohydrates earlier in the meal. This way they can travel on through, which permits adequate time for the digestion of proteins and fat. This naturally results in less gas, bloating and other digestive upsets. This practice is usually referred to as "food combining" and several books, loaded with good tips, are available on the subject.
1. True or False - Elvis Presley has been inducted into both the Rock N Roll and Country Music Hall of Fames?
2. True or False - There are huge differences in quality of raw materials used in herbal and nutrition products. There can be big differences in the amount of active ingredients based upon where the plant was grown, what part of the plant is being used, how the plant was harvested , and even how the plant was stored. Plus some batches can have many more contaminants and impurities than others.
3. True or False - As a sophomore at Laney High School in Wilmington, North Carolina Michael Jordan was cut from the varsity basketball team.
4. Calcium and Magnesium are:
5. True or False - George Washington had a set of wooden teeth.
6. True or False - Raw ingredients especially herbals should be stored in low humidity and kept away from heat. For instance improperly stored ingredients can develop molds which can cause problems to the consumer.
7. True or False - The best way to eliminate bad breath is to use a germ killing mouthwash..
8. True or False - Overheating nutritional products during manufacturing destroys almost all enzymes and many vitamins.
9. True or False - Jellyfish are mostly made out of water.
10. The vegetable beets do the following:
11. True or False - Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) is widely used in hospitals as a disinfectant and antiseptic.
The Brain - Mr. Q and A!
One of those "Once Upon a Time Stories." You know, one of those stories that sometimes has a good, sometimes a tragic ending, but always enabled you to see the moral of the story.
Once upon a time and long ago there was a small town. Many years earlier before any of the town's folks had been born a large wall had been erected on one side of the town.
The legend had grown that the giant wall had been erected not only to keep out the mean trolls that lived in the valley outside the wall, but also to keep the trolls from seeing the people inside the town and thus wanting to eat them.
Over the years strangers to the town had spoken of a land beyond the valley that had grown rich and prosperous. But the people of the town for many years had dismissed these tales as being untrue.
But one day a new stranger in town convinced some of the town's people that they could see this prosperous land across the valley, except for the giant wall, which blocked their view of it. This news was especially appealing to these towns people because they were very poor. So they devised a ladder structure to scale the wall and see over the other side. After several weeks the work was complete and this day would be the first day in centuries any of the town's folk had seen the land on the other side of the wall.
So several brave towns' people made their way to the top of the ladder structure and looked over the wall. To their amazement in the distance across the valley they could see a very prosperous land. And upon further examination to their amazement they could see a path and bridge, which safely crossed the valley of trolls and led to the prosperous land.
This excited them very much and they quickly spread the word of this discovery. However, much to their surprise they only managed to convince about 10 percent of the people to journey with them to the prosperous land. The rest of the people said things like: "it would be too risky", or "we might get eaten", or "I have a good job and don't want to lose it", or "what if I risked going and couldn't succeed over there." "Come back later and get us if you are able to get there safely and succeed." To which the people getting ready to leave said, "We will come back later but you know the first people there will be able to pick the choicest jobs and houses."
And just like the majority if these towns' folk the majority of people today can't see past the wall of their current situation to what could be. These people erected a wall of protection for security but with it they also shut out the opportunity outside the wall. And myself, have I erected a wall which doesn't allow me to see my own faults that others, including my spouse and children see?
Have I erected a wall of worry about money or finances, which doesn't allow me to see over it at the lovely flowers and the brightness and hope of each new day?
Have I erected a wall of looking for faults in others that I can't see past it at the good things each of us possess?
Have I erected a wall of focusing on what is wrong in my life that I can't see past it at my many blessings?
Have I erected a wall of protection around myself such that it also keeps out maximum joy and happiness in my life?
An Lord I pray everyday that these walls be torn down and that as one wall comes down I don't erect another one. But most of all I pray that these walls wouldn't be invisible, such that I can't see them to tear them down..
May I be blessed each day to see the wonder and beauty that is around us and that I always see the important big picture and not the walls blocking it.
The Ruggburns - by Grace and James Sapp
|The Ruggburns is a satirical look at MLM and home business stereotypes. It highlights common Network Marketing and Home Business mistakes and misconceptions. Sure we have all heard of the silly comments and statements made about some home businesses, however people are everywhere are flocking to home businesses in the area of referral marketing. Partially because of it's simplicity and lack of problems inherent in other types of businesses, but also a huge factor not to be overlooked is the Internet. In fact the majority of businesses today are going to some form of referral based marketing. Everything from legal services to phone companies to Amazon.com. This seems to be the wave of the future as businesses see a way of increasing revenue without additional advertising costs. In fact the vast majority of all web businesses have a referral program.
Of course just like life all businesses also have problems. In fact there have been some major obstacles in the past associated with referral marketing home businesses. However, learn how we have eliminated the biggest and most common obstacles standing in the way of having success in referral marketing.
If you are interested in possibly earning some extra income or know someone else who may be - Click Here for more Work at Home Business Information!
Other Important Health Articles
20/20 For Eyestrain
"This 20/20 Rule will help you avoid eyestrain when you work at a computer: Look at something at least 20 feet away every 20 minutes.."
It's Not Too Late To Eat Right
In a study of rabbits, investigators reported that a Western, fast-food-style diet can raise blood levels of a particularly damaging form of cholesterol that increases the risk for heart attacks. In the June issue of Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, researchers wrote that rabbits given a diet high in oxidized fats -- which are found in high quantities in fast food -- had more hardening of the arteries than rabbits fed a diet lower in oxidized fats.
Are You Removing All Plaque When Brushing?
Try this simple procedure to determine if you are removing all plaque from your teeth and gums when brushing. Mix about a teaspoon full of red food coloring and swish around in your mouth after brushing. The red food color will stick to any plaque that you missed. Use this to see if you are brushing correctly. Put Vaseline on your lips before doing this or you could stain your lips red.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Sufferers Take Note
Studies have shown that people with rheumatoid arthritis are deficient in vitamin C. Medical studies have shown that a lack of vitamin C can aggravate rheumatoid arthritis and that strong doses of vitamin C can bring about regression of the disease. The recommended dosage is 500 milligrams spread throughout the day. There is no toxicity with vitamin C, but do check with your doctor beforehand.
KEEP THE WATER BOTTLE HANDY
-- Drinking plenty of water while you exercise can help you keep your heart rate down. If you get dehydrated, sweat is drawn from the water content of your blood, reducing its volume. Your heart beats faster when less blood is available to fuel your muscles and cool the skin.
SMILE TEETH WHITENER
-- To whiten teeth stained by coffee and cigarettes, mix baking soda with enough hydrogen peroxide to make a toothpaste and brush teeth as usual.
FDA Product Seizure Raises Question of Bias, A Healthnotes Newswire Opinion.
By Alan R. Gaby, MD
Healthnotes Newswire (November 21, 2002)-The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently ordered the seizure of a dietary supplement that the agency said was falsely being claimed to be beneficial for people with autism. For the rest of the story please type https://www.nutrinus.com in the address bar of your browser.
Antioxidants and Free Radicals
Dietary Fiber and Colon Cleansing
Preventing Heart Attacks and Strokes
Dealing With Anger & Stress
Exercise & Working Out
Information Just For Women
Diet and Eating Tips
Beauty Tips and Skin Information
The Skin & Antioxidants
General Health and Nutrition Information
Migraine (Migrane) Headaches - Role of Stress
Top 10 Foods for Health & Longevity
Index of Other Articles
Additional Health and Nutrition Information
Index of Past Newsletters
1. True - An Original Inductee in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in 1986 and into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1998. Elvis Presley launched his phenomenal career in the country music field. His early recordings were played by country disc jockeys throughout the Southeast and Presley spent 18 months on Shreveport's Louisiana Hayride. His first No. 1 single was the 1955 release of "I Forgot to Remember to Forget," which spent five weeks atop the country charts.
2. True - And that is why Life Plus uses only the finest quality select raw materials. Plus with in house labs they can assay raw materials to assure they are free of impurities.
3. True - Not making the team really motivated Michael to practice, "Whenever I was working out and got tired and figured I ought to stop, I'd close my eyes and see that list in the locker room without my name on it," Jordan said, "and that usually got me going again."
4. e - All of the Above
5. False - Actually his 4 sets of dentures were made of hippopotamus bone, elephant ivory, and eight human teeth from dead people.
6. True. - That is why Life Plus takes great care in where and how they store their raw ingredients plus are very selective in where they obtain their raw materials.
7. False- Actually most bad breath is caused by a coating of food and plaque forming on the tongue. To get rid of it use a toothbrush or tongue scraper on it for 2-3 minutes twice a day.
8. True - That is why Life Plus uses "cold processing" in their manufacturing processes to prevent damage to the finished product.
9. True - Jellyfish are abut 99% water.
10. f. a, b, and c, only.
11. True- And grapefruit is one of the 31 special fruits, vegetables and herbs that make up the Life Plus PhytoZyme phytonutrient base contained in virtually all of their products.
HOW TO ORDER LIFE PLUS PRODUCTS
(By telephone or secure order form)
Well, that does it for now. We hope you'd like to see more free information, contests, and other things we have planned for you in our newsletter. But if you don't want this private information, just tell us so. We'll be sad, but we'll honor your request.
Thank you and God bless you and your health,
Have an outstanding day.
"Remember the race is not always won by the swiftest but by the person who doesn't give up."
Your health is our goal!
James and Jean Sapp
Life Plus Representatives